Welcome to the Gosport and Fareham Branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society
UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT: Plea for help with a store collection on Friday 15th July at Tesco, Grange Road, Gosport. If you can lend a hand for an hour give George a call on 07825 410680.
The totally bonkers Tina is skydiving to raise money for the MS Trust on 26 June 2016. Sponsor her here.
The Port to Port Plodders will be arriving back home on Sunday 26 June. Can you welcome them back home? We hope they will pass Osborne View/Titchfield Haven at 12:30, Lee on Solent opposite Penguin Cafe at 13:15 and reach the Gosport Ferry at 14:00. Come and welcome home these fantastic people who are walking to raise money for our branch, the more the merrier. These times may vary by up to 30mins either way.
We welcome anyone affected by MS to join us in any of our many activities.
We believe that it's important for people affected by MS to not become isolated, so we are really an MS Social Club as well as a mine of information. Check out our leaflet which summarises some of what's available and how to contact us.
********Bonus Ball Winners********
Join us in:
- exercise classes
- one of our social events
- help to raise funds
What's on this week
- Sunday the wonderful Port to Port Plodders arrive back home. I hope you can come out and meet them at the various places around the area. The times may vary slightly but they hope to be at the Osborne View at 12:30. I hope to meet up with them opposite the Penguin Cafe in Lee-on-Solent at 13:15 and Graham and Juliette will be at the Ferry at 14:00. THANK YOU so much ladies and gents for raising money in this way for the branch.
- Sunday the fabulous Tina is skydiving to raise money for the MS Trust. Good luck Tina, hope the weather is sunny and not to windy for you.
- SAD NEWS BUT COFFEE MORNINGS CANCELLED INDEFINITELY
Out in the community that may be of interest to you
- Monday there is an hours seated exercise class at Club Hampshire
- Monday there is also 1/2 hour seated exercise class at Stubbington Library
- Tuesday New Age Kurling at Wallington village hall
- Wednesday exercises at David Lloyd Centre in Port Solent
- Thursday there is a 1/2 hour seated exercise class at Lee-on-the-Solent Library
- Friday exercises at Nuffield Centre with Floyd
- Last Monday in the month Carers Hub, Nobes Hall, Nobes Avenue. An opportunity for carers and those recieving care to obtain information and support. News Article and information and contact details on CCG's website here.
Check out the Fitness Session tabs to the left for further information and as the sessions are not run by the branch check the sessions are actually running on that day with the various establishments before venturing out.
What's on in 2016
On Thursday 23rd June 2016The Port to Port Plodders begin their 4 day, 1000 mile walk from Portland to Portsmouth to raise money for our branch. You can follow their walk here.
On Friday 1st July our summer outing will be to the Museum of Country Life at Basingstoke. A coach which takes wheelchairs has been booked. £10 each including a tea. STILL PLACES LEFT ON THE COACH. Please return the leaflet to Juliette if you are interested in going.
Help and Advice
Juliette Hewitt our secretary and support officer can be contacted on 02392 581406 or through the contact page on this site. She has been a major part of the local branch for many years and is a mine of information on all matters related to coping with MS.
We also have a lovely lady called Julie Hawksworth who is part of the branch's Welfare Team. She has MS herself and is a qualified psychiatric nurse and bereavement counsellor. She is happy to be a listening ear and is available to talk, give advice or have a natter almost all the time. Contact her on home: 01329 510819, mobile: 07812 997178 or through the contact page on this site.
Jenny - Webmaster