Welcome to the Gosport and Fareham Branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society
We welcome anyone affected by MS to join us in any of our many activities.
We believe that it's important for people affected by MS to not become isolated, so we are really an MS Social Club as well as a mine of information. Check out our leaflet which summarises some of what's available and how to contact us.
********Bonus Ball Winners********
Join us in:
- exercise classes
- one of our social events
- help to raise funds
What's on this week
Out in the community that may be of interest to you
- Monday there is an hours seated exercise class at Club Hampshire
- Monday there is also 1/2 hour seated exercise class at Stubbington Library
- Tuesday New Age Kurling at Wallington village hall
- Wednesday exercises at David Lloyd Centre in Port Solent
- Thursday there is a 1/2 hour seated exercise class at Lee-on-the-Solent Library
- Friday exercises at Nuffield Centre with Floyd
- Last Monday in the month Carers Hub, Nobes Hall, Nobes Avenue. An opportunity for carers and those recieving care to obtain information and support. News Article and information and contact details on CCG's website here.
Check out the Fitness Session tabs to the left for further information and as the sessions are not run by the branch check the sessions are actually running on that day with the various establishments before venturing out.
What's on in 2016/7
On Thursday 15th December 2016 we have our Christmas Lunch at The White Hart, Gosport. The menu can be found here.
On Saturday 14th January 2017 we have our New Years dinner at Palmerston Bowling Club. The menu can be found here.
On Saturday 3rd June 2017 we have a team of 12 people who will be sailing down the Spinnaker Tower to raise money for the branch.
On Saturday 10th June 2017 we will be holding the branch AGM.
Help and Advice
Juliette Hewitt our secretary and support officer can be contacted on 02392 581406 or through the contact page on this site. She has been a major part of the local branch for many years and is a mine of information on all matters related to coping with MS.
We also have a lovely lady called Julie Hawksworth who is part of the branch's Welfare Team. She has MS herself and is a qualified psychiatric nurse and bereavement counsellor. She is happy to be a listening ear and is available to talk, give advice or have a natter almost all the time. Contact her on home: 01329 510819, mobile: 07812 997178 or through the contact page on this site.
Jenny - Webmaster