Welcome to the Gosport and Fareham Branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society
Steve our fundraisers is new to the area so has devised a Tin Competition to find the best places to put our collection tins. Check out the details here.
UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT: Can you help with a collection at Locksheath Shopping Centre on Friday 21st October? Please contact Steve Irving on 07976 054003 if you can give an hour of your time, thank you .
We welcome anyone affected by MS to join us in any of our many activities.
We believe that it's important for people affected by MS to not become isolated, so we are really an MS Social Club as well as a mine of information. Check out our leaflet which summarises some of what's available and how to contact us.
********Bonus Ball Winners********
Join us in:
- exercise classes
- one of our social events
- help to raise funds
What's on this week
- Wednesday we will be meeting at the chalet in Hill Head from 11:30. For more information check out the flyer here.
- Thursday we have physio at St Mary's Parish Centre in Alverstoke with Sandra, Marion and Audrey starting at 10:30 followed at 12:00 with a delicious lunch from Eve. Find us opposite the church here in Alverstoke. The MS nurse team hope that a member of their team will be available on the day
Out in the community that may be of interest to you
- Monday there is an hours seated exercise class at Club Hampshire
- Monday there is also 1/2 hour seated exercise class at Stubbington Library
- Tuesday New Age Kurling at Wallington village hall
- Wednesday exercises at David Lloyd Centre in Port Solent
- Thursday there is a 1/2 hour seated exercise class at Lee-on-the-Solent Library
- Friday exercises at Nuffield Centre with Floyd
- Last Monday in the month Carers Hub, Nobes Hall, Nobes Avenue. An opportunity for carers and those recieving care to obtain information and support. News Article and information and contact details on CCG's website here.
Check out the Fitness Session tabs to the left for further information and as the sessions are not run by the branch check the sessions are actually running on that day with the various establishments before venturing out.
What's on in 2016
Help and Advice
Juliette Hewitt our secretary and support officer can be contacted on 02392 581406 or through the contact page on this site. She has been a major part of the local branch for many years and is a mine of information on all matters related to coping with MS.
We also have a lovely lady called Julie Hawksworth who is part of the branch's Welfare Team. She has MS herself and is a qualified psychiatric nurse and bereavement counsellor. She is happy to be a listening ear and is available to talk, give advice or have a natter almost all the time. Contact her on home: 01329 510819, mobile: 07812 997178 or through the contact page on this site.
Jenny - Webmaster