Welcome to the Gosport and Fareham Branch of the Multiple Sclerosis Society
UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT: Plea for help with a store collection on Wedsnesday 8th June, at Hedge End Retail Patk? If you can lend a hand for an hour give George a call on 07825 410680.
We welcome anyone affected by MS to join us in any of our many activities.
We believe that it's important for people affected by MS to not become isolated, so we are really an MS Social Club as well as a mine of information. Check out our leaflet which summarises some of what's available and how to contact us.
Join us in:
- exercise classes
- coffee mornings - aka pub lunches
- one of our social events
- help to raise funds
What's on this week
- Thursday we have physio at St Mary's Parish Centre in Alverstoke with Sandra, Marion and Audrey starting at 10:30 followed at 12:00 with a delicious lunch from Juliette and Eve. Find us opposite the church here in Alverstoke.
- Thursday Simon Gafur is again running the six week Fatigue Management Course at the Masonic Hall in Gosport starting at 1:30pm. Get more information here.
- Saturday we have the AGM at St Mary's Parish Centre in Alverstoke followed by a buffet lunch. Find us opposite the church here in Alverstoke.
- SAD NEWS BUT COFFEE MORNINGS CANCELLED INDEFINITELY
Out in the community that may be of interest to you
- Monday there is an hours seated exercise class at Club Hampshire
- Monday there is also 1/2 hour seated exercise class at Stubbington Library
- Tuesday New Age Kurling at Wallington village hall
- Wednesday exercises at David Lloyd Centre in Port Solent
- Thursday there is a 1/2 hour seated exercise class at Lee-on-the-Solent Library
- Friday exercises at Nuffield Centre with Floyd
- Last Monday in the month Carers Hub, Nobes Hall, Nobes Avenue. An opportunity for carers and those recieving care to obtain information and support. News Article and information and contact details on CCG's website here.
Check out the Fitness Session tabs to the left for further information and as the sessions are not run by the branch check the sessions are actually running on that day with the various establishments before venturing out.
What's on in 2016
On Friday 27th May there is a Golf Day and Gala Ball in aid of the Geoff Smith Multiple Sclerosis Foundation held at South Winchester Golf Club and The Novotel, West Quay, Southampton. More information here .
On Saturday 28th May we have our AGM. This will be held at St Mary's Parish Centre, Green Road, Alverstoke, PO12 2ET starting at 11:00 followed by a buffet lunch. You can find a nomination form here.
Carers Week 6th - 12th June. Check out what the MS Society can offer you here.
On Thursday 16th June 2016 there is a Mums, Dads and Tots Group at Play Zone in North Harbour Road, Portsmouth. Fancy meeting up with other parents with MS check out the flyer here.
On Thursday 23rd June 2016The Port to Port Plodders begin their 4 day, 1000 mile walk from Portland to Portsmouth to raise money for our branch. You can follow their walk here.
On Friday 1st July our summer outing will be to the Museum of Country Life at Basingstoke. A coach which takes wheelchairs has been booked. Please return the leaflet to Juliette if you are interested in going.
Help and Advice
Juliette Hewitt our secretary and support officer can be contacted on 02392 581406 or through the contact page on this site. She has been a major part of the local branch for many years and is a mine of information on all matters related to coping with MS.
We also have a lovely lady called Julie Hawksworth who is part of the branch's Welfare Team. She has MS herself and is a qualified psychiatric nurse and bereavement counsellor. She is happy to be a listening ear and is available to talk, give advice or have a natter almost all the time. Contact her on home: 01329 510819, mobile: 07812 997178 or through the contact page on this site.
Jenny - Webmaster